Carmen / VITA
Telefonica Flagship Store Madrid
Los Angeles Times Magazine Cover Gustavo Dudamel
Acqua Colonia Mandarine
IonFiz Backdrop / Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
Festival / Vodka Cruiser
IonFiz / Mercedes Benz Fashion Week
Benjamin Britten / Universal Music
Fiat 500 Poster
Marvin Gaye / Universal Music
Standfort University Magazine Editorial Portrait
Profile Personal Work
Computer Arts Cover 2D illustration
Skin Edition 2
Vodka Cruiser Making Up Girl
Jack White / ESPN Magazine
Los Angeles Times Double Page Gustavo Dudamel
Eric Church ESPN
Bra Color / Victoria's Secret
Univeristy Of Madrid Man
Southern Railway Child Poster
Neo2 Woody Allen Editorial
El Hombre De Las Mil Caras
Standfort University Magazine Portrait
Ellie Goulding Initial Proposal HP
Juxtapoz - 20's
Jay Z ESPN
The Sunday Times Shopping London
Vodka Cruiser Dressing Up
Girl Color / Victoria's Secret
Wall Street Journal 3
Nick Young and Iggy Azalea / ESPN Magazine
Vita Laboratories Faces
Books / The Wall Street Journal
Core / Vodka Cruiser
Acqua Colonia Lemon
Butterfly Personal Work
Bird Personal Work
Univeristy Of Madrid Woman
UN Girl Up
United Nations Women
Jim Beam Campaign
Viva La Vida
Brian Eno Biography Cover
Flower Personal Work
Gabriel Moreno is a Spanish illustrator (Baena, 1973) based in Madrid. He holds a Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts by the University of Seville, specialized in painting, design and etching.
He has been chosen as one of the hundred most influential illustrators in the world of advertising over the past decade by the publication 100 Illustrators by Taschen and was featured on the cover of Illustration Now! 4. He has also created covers for the Wall Street Journal and is the only illustrator to ever make the cover for the Los Angeles Times. Moreno’s work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Squire London, GQ USA, The Country Weekly, Sunday Times and Rolling Stone.
His works are usually comprised of flowing and precise fine black lines, over which he deploys shocks of color accenting on clothing, faces, or environments. He uses dramatic gradients of colors and multiple layers that emerge from the images and involve the figures. He uses multiple media and tools such as pencil, ink, marker, watercolour and digital art.
"It’s quite difficult to say who has influenced my work. Basically everything I see and everything I read can have its place in my work whether that be consciously or unconsciously. There are many artists that I admire but I am not able to quite put a finger on who has influenced me more than another. I can say that the superheroes of Marvel comics have had their impact, as well as artists such as Milo Manara, Gustav Klimt, Alphonse Mucha or Robert Mortherwell."
Previous clients include Marlboro, Universal Music, Chesterfield, Coca-Cola, Fnac, Nike, Rolex, Victoria’s Secret, Fiat, Kellogg’s, McDonald’s, Audi, United Nations, Pantene, Snickers, Kodak, Shiseido, HP, Bayer, Nestlé, Vogue, The London Sunday Times, The Wall Street Journal, Rolling Stone, Harper’s Bazaar, Esquire London, Computers Arts, Los Angeles Times, Mens Health USA, ESPN Magazine, GQ USA.
Exhibitions and international fairs:
- May 2008. URBANT ART SHOW. Old Cinema Gallery. London.
- January 2009. Fast Cool Gallery. Madrid.
- March 2010. Ouch My Eye Gallery. Seattle.
- May 2011. Seize Gallery. Marseille.
- April 2011. Strychnin Gallery, Berlin.
- July 2012 Green Card Gallery. New York.
- May 2013 Galería Cartel. Granada.
- September 2013. Women. The Coningsby Gallery. London.
- December 2013 - March 2014. Spanish Illustrators. The color of optimism.
Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Spanish Embassy in Berlin, Frankfurt, Oslo and New York.
- March 2014. Art Fair Battersea. London.
- March 2014. Affordable Art Fair. Hong Kong.
- April 2014. Love Art Fair. Toronto.
- June 2014. Affordable Hampstead. London.
- September 2014. Affordable Art Fair. New York.
- November 2014. Affordable Art Fair. Singapore.
- February 2015. Spanish Illustrators. The color of optimism.Royale Academy of Spain. Rome.
- March 2015. Asia Contemporary Art Fair. Hong Kong.
- March 2105. Affordable Art Fair. London.
- March 2015. Affordable Art Fair. Hong Kong.
- September 2015. Affordable Art Fair. New York.
- September 2015. Affordable Art Fair. Seoul.
- November 2015. Les Petits Fours. Friends of Leon Gallery. Sydney.
- November 2015. Pepita Lumier Gallery, Valencia.